Name:
Location: New Hampshire

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life." This Marmee lives for her four wonderful grown children and their growing families. Nana now includes 7 grandsons and 5 grandaughters to her enjoyment in life. There will be 1 more in January.

Monday, August 21, 2006


Nana is feeding the Landry family guinea pig for a couple days. After feeding the little one this morning I stopped at the cemetary in town and cut back alot of the greenery around Angela's headstone. There was way too much growth and it had overtaken the stone. I also drove by Sunnybrook. There are another couple of new houses on the road. There is even a 2 story brick home pond-side. Seems a little over the top but to each their own. Not quite the same as when we lived there for 30 years, but given all it has not changed to the point where it is non-recognizable.

I am taking a vacation day today. The teachers are "due" back Thursday. Most of them have been in and out alot the last couple of weeks. I still have much to do to get ready for students as we have a new data program for students and staff and they are still tweeking some of the templates. Chomping at the bit as I am usually so organized and when others are not and it holds me back I get very frustrated. Time to retire and as soon as I can I shall.

1 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Aw. I want to go to Angela's grave with some flowers... and to Great Grammy's too. How I would love to take Tommy for a walk around the block (or at least what we used to call the block-even if it isn't a block at all) and show him all the things I used to love about the area. And you know something? My memories of our home on the pond will never be affected by all the changes that take place now. It is a little weird, I know, but I will still always remember everything as it was, complete with those midnight swims with Jessi, Buddy, and Andy, and all the fireflies on an August night like tonight. You certainly created a great and memorable childhood for all your kiddos! And I bet there are other kids there now, creating there own memories. Love you! =)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home