Name:
Location: New Hampshire

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life." This Marmee lives for her four wonderful grown children and their growing families. Nana now includes 7 grandsons and 5 grandaughters to her enjoyment in life. There will be 1 more in January.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

PAINTING, PAINTING, PAINTING!

The walls have been needing some painting for a while now. Finally, after hours of searching and comparing, I found the right color to touch up the walls and woodwork. Saturday morn found the rollers and brushes moving right along. As work proceeded it became clear that the color match was not perfect and touching up a small area meant having to do the entire wall. Because of a great roller which I purchased a couple of years ago it went faster than I thought it would. About a pint of paint is poured into the roller and that was a real time saver. At the same time I purchased the roller I also purchased a smaller roller with a trimmer attachment. That made painting alot less frustrating. The fact that I have had the painting equipment for a while now shows how much I was dreading the process. It was a cool day but one would not have known it by watching me drip as I painted. The best news is that it came out pretty well and I don't know why I procrastinated for so very long.

Today was closet day and I went thru my little pantry area and then headed upstairs to my winter closet. After filling three more very large bags I was able to store the air conditioner in the closet with out much ado. There is still the means to fill many more bags and I shall continue to do so. Next weekend I will be with the Cuddy family so fall cleaning and weeding out will have a weekend off. I am looking forward to watching our sweet Tommy while his mom and dad have a night out.

These old bones are telling me that this weekend has taken a toll on them. Tomorrow is bowling night and that should be a challenge. We shall see =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home